Which path to the forest is for you?
A few reasons to consider a forest career.
- You love to be outdoors: Many foresters say one of the things they enjoy most is being in the woods frequently. Some even take their dog along when they head to work.
- You’re fascinated by environmental science: Forest products companies and government share a responsibility to safeguard the environment. They need scientists to study wildlife, ecosystems, water quality and more.
- You’re interested in high-tech and engineering: Cutting-edge technology is everywhere in the forest sector, requiring computer programmers and engineers.
- You want to be in business: Hundreds of forest products companies operate in Oregon, and they need accountants, salespeople, managers and executives.
- You like to work with your hands or get dirty: Tree-planting, logging and firefighting all deliver a tough daily workout. And many companies also need mechanics, electricians and millwrights.
The forest sector has it all.
Explore Your Options
Explore these forest career options and see which path is the right one for you.
Field Technician Service Mechanic
Harvester Processor Operator
Log Truck Driver
Natural Resources Manager
Road and Right of Way Specialist
Shipping and Sales Coordinator
Vice President of Manufacturing
Vice President of Timberlands